The City of London Scholarship for Anglo-Irish Literature
Students who have been accepted by a UK university, and are interested in this subject can apply.
What we are offering
An award of up to £10,000 to students in the field of Anglo-Irish Literature engaged in a Master’s programme or doctoral study with at least one academic year still to run.
Who we are looking for
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic merit and potential to students who are either a citizen of Ireland or a citizen of the UK with a close association with Northern Ireland.
An excellent academic record is essential, including a high honours degree. Applicants should have an established interest in the field of Anglo-Irish literature with a commitment to furthering the level of understanding in this field.
Aptitude for the chosen course of study may be assessed by reviewing academic references, the research proposal, demonstrable evidence of aptitude for research, and the likelihood the scholar will contribute significantly to his or her field of study.
- Completed City of London Scholarship 2017/18 application form (137KB)
- Evidence of academic record / transcript of undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study. Evidence may also include previous university prizes or awards; information on a student’s overall position within his/her cohort; and publications (if applicable)
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement (highlighting interest in Anglo-Irish Literature and, if a Citizen of the UK, the applicant’s close association with Northern Ireland)
- List of three referees with one non-academic source
- Details of the chosen course of study or research proposal
Applications for 2017/18 entry close on 31 July 2017 at 5pm