DARIAH, the Digital Research for the Arts and Humanities, seeks a research associate/developer based in our Berlin offices.
We are looking to complement our existing DCO team of 6 with an experienced and motivated research associate/developer responsible for our work on the Humanities at Scale project. This position will be situated at the DCO office in Berlin, hosted by the Centre Marc Bloch (CMB), Friedrichstrasse 191. In exceptional circumstances, we accept remote work but require travel to relevant meetings within the EU.
“Humanities at Scale” is a Horizon 2020 funded project under the call for proposal INFRADEV-3-2015, Individual Implementation and Operation of ESFRI projects. It aims the support of basic services of DARIAH. The aim of the project is to address limitations of the current model of sharing knowledge in DARIAH and of connecting the national activities in digital arts and humanities initiatives in Europe. It focuses on delivering a stronger core for DARIAH’s operations as well as on providing more resources for all communities within DARIAH.
The post will require a combination of theoretical work, design and implementation of proof-of-concept tools and other software components and evaluation.
- The candidate will have (co-)responsibility for software development within the Humanities at Scale project and in particular for open data and information design.
- He/she will work in large-scale European team with other researchers and developers.
- He/she will gather and document business requirements by meeting with project members as well as other stakeholders
- He/she will possess design experience and functional knowledge of the utilization of various web services standards (e.g. REST, SOAP, etc.); design patterns (e.g. MVC), design methodologies (e.g. Agile\Scrum, etc.)
- Support the development of environments for open data and sharable methods for data-driven research
- Execute distributed data and metadata design to share data and information across distributed sites
- Take requirements and develop the technical design for assigned work as well as ensure proper usage
- Follow the established processes, policies, standards and procedures
- Conduct appropriate reviews on work as necessary. Present findings and offer solutions
How to apply
If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV and a cover letter before the 28th of November 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend for interview. The interviews will be conducted remotely (e.g. Skype).
The appointment is expected to be effective from January 2016.
- full job description
- more about DARIAH www.dariah.eu
- Humanities at Scale http://dariah.eu/about/humanities-at-scale.html
European Project Manager
DARIAH-EU Coordination Office Berlin
Centre Marc Bloch
Centre franco-allemand de recherches en sciences sociales
+49 (0) 30 20 93 70 722