CFP: 8th International PhD Leuven Centre for Irish Studies
The Leuven Centre for Irish Studies will be organising the 8th EFACIS PhD Seminar in Irish Studies at the Irish College Leuven. The seminar will take place from 26 till 30 August 2024.
The aim is to give PhD students in Irish Studies from different European countries the opportunity
– to present their research in a congenial, interdisciplinary environment,
– to receive feedback and advice from established scholars and students with various backgrounds,
– to hone their methodological skills,
– to deepen their knowledge of the different aspects of Irish literature and culture, history and society.
The programme will consist of
– lectures by invited keynote speakers, all renowned scholars in different fields of Irish studies,
– workshops on different critical theories and methodologies convened by academic experts,
– student presentations, where participants present their own research for an audience of scholars and peers.
Please have a look at the full Call for Papers for more information.
Students can apply by submitting a CV and a short description of their research project (up to 1,000 words) before the 31st of January 2024. The number of participants is limited to 25.