CFS: The Ogham Stone open for submissions
The Ogham Stone, the annual literary and arts journal of the University of Limerick, is open for submissions. This year, the journal will be open to all.
The theme of The Ogham Stone’s 2024 edition is RECOLLECTION.
The theme of RECOLLECTION calls to mind the commemorative purpose of ogham stones historically. Inclusion of ideas associated with recollection, such as reminiscence, memories, nostalgia or any other personal interpretations are welcomed.
“I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings.
We are eager to consider poetry, short stories, flash fiction, graphic fiction and creative nonfiction for publication in The Ogham Stone.
• 1 submission per applicant
• Submissions should have some relationship to the issue’s theme (Recollection).
• Short stories/creative nonfiction: max. 2500 words; max. 1 piece
• Flash fiction: max. 500 words; max. 1 piece
• Poetry: max. 3 poems (submitted in single file, max 80 lines per poem)
• Graphic fiction (in black and white): max 3 pages (likely to be A5)
• Submissions should be a document file (.doc and .docx) set in a legible font. Please omit identifying information in this document to facilitate blind reading.
• Please include any trigger/content warnings that may be applicable at the top of your submitted work. Please note that this will not affect acceptance.
• We do not consider work that has been previously published. Simultaneous submissions are welcome but please inform us by email if your work has been accepted elsewhere.
• All applicants must be 18 years or older.
Submissions to be sent to: Submit here
For more information, please visit our website, oghamstoneul.wixsite.com
Any queries or technical difficulties, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline: Friday 17th November, 5pm