GRANT: ABEI/ESP Research Grant to a Junior Researcher 2023
The registration for the ABEI Research Grant to a Junior Researcher is now open. The purpose of the grant is to fund Brazilian Junior Researchers in the field of Irish Studies. The grant is of R$3,000.00, to be paid to a Postgraduate Student (MA or PhD) and of R$600,00 (to an undergraduate student). The Fellowship aims at developing research and activities related to Irish Studies in Brazil. It is expected an engagement of the selected candidate at the end of the programme by means of taking part in ABEI events and the publication of an article related to the field of studies.
- The registration form available on the ABEI website should be filled out and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org under the heading: ABEI/ESP Research Grant 2023 by August 18th 2023.
- The student must be a Brazilian undergraduate or a post-graduate student, regularly enrolled in a programme of a Brazilian university throughout the entire period of the grant.
- The student must not be taking part in an ongoing exchange program and cannot pursue research abroad throughout the duration of the grant.
- The student must be a member of ABEI and be up to date with the annual payment.
- Letter of interest in English stating why the student wishes to be funded by ABEI;
- An academic recommendation letter in English;
- Updated undergraduate (and postgraduate) academic transcript;
- Curriculum Lattes;
- A five-month project in English, which includes objectives, justification, methodology, and
- The selected candidate will be required to present to ABEI a report after having completed
the 5 months.
- The researcher is expected to participate in ABEI’s Jornada or Symposium, presenting the
results of his/her work.
- Acknowledgement all academic work (written or oral presentations) produced as a result of this grant
should acknowledge ABEI/ESP Research Grant.
• 1 – 18 August 2023: Documents should be sent by e-mail by the candidate.
• 19 – 20 August 2023: Assessment of proposals and selection of up to three candidates.
• 21 August 2023: Online interview with selected candidates.
• 22 August 2023: Final results.
For more CLICK HERE