2023 ISAANZ/AJIS Postgraduate essay prize
The editors of the interdisciplinary Australasian Journal of Irish Studies and the Irish Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand are delighted to announce the 2023 ISAANZ Irish Studies Postgraduate Essay prize.
1. Publication of the winning essay in the Australasian Journal of Irish Studies, subject to normal academic refereeing
2. A cash prize of AUD$300
3. A year’s membership of Irish Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand.
- Entry is open to anyone enrolled in an MA or PhD programme between June 2022 and June 2023 at any institution.
- Essays on any aspect of Irish Studies will be considered.
- Entries must be accompanied by the Entry Form. (SEE HERE)
- To be considered, essays must comply with the Australasian Journal of Irish Studies style guide: https://isaanz.org/irish-studies-association-of-australia-and-new-zealand/ajis/contributor-guidelines/
- Length 5000-8000 words.
- Essays entered for the Prize may be considered for publication in AJIS through the usual referring processes. Therefore NO essay entered for the prize should be submitted for publication elsewhere until judging is complete and entrants have been notified that AJIS will not be proceeding with referring.
- The Editors’ decisions are final.
- Due Date: 31st March 2023
Queries can be addressed to one of the Editors:
Dr Philip Bull P.firstname.lastname@example.org; Dr Chris Murray Chris.email@example.com; A/Prof Frances Devlin-Glass firstname.lastname@example.org; Prof. Elizabeth Malcolm email@example.com; Prof. Dianne Hall Dianne.firstname.lastname@example.org