7th EFACIS PhD Seminar in Irish Studies
Leuven, 22 August – 26 August 2022
Applications are invited for the 7th PhD seminar organized by the Leuven Centre for Irish Studies in collaboration with EFACIS and the Leuven Institute for Ireland in Europe.
The aim is to give PhD students in Irish Studies from different European countries the opportunity
- to present their research in a congenial, interdisciplinary environment,
- to receive feedback and advice from established scholars and students with various backgrounds,
- to hone their methodological skills,
- to deepen their knowledge of the different aspects of Irish literature and culture, history and society.
The programme will consist of
- lectures by invited keynote speakers, all renowned scholars in different fields of Irish studies
- workshops on different critical theories and methodologies convened by academic experts
- student presentations, where participants present their own research for an audience of scholars and peers
Confirmed plenary speakers are
- Prof. dr. Linda Connolly (Maynooth University)
- Prof. dr. Marguérite Corporaal (University of Nijmegen)
- Dr. Sara Dybris McQuaid (University of Aarhus)
- Dr. Tom Walker (Trinity College Dublin)
Students can apply by submitting a CV and a short description of their research project (up to 1,000 words) before the 31st of January 2022. The number of participants is limited to 25.
The registration fee for this seminar will be 300€. This covers (1) tuition, (2) 6 nights of accommodation and breakfast in the beautifully refurbished Irish college, (3) registration as KU Leuven visiting scholars with access to library facilities (digital and otherwise) and (4) insurance for the duration of the stay. Participants and their institutions must be members of EFACIS. Two scholarships will be made available by EFACIS to waiver the registration fee for those who need it most. Please mention your wish to be eligible for a scholarship in your application.
For applications and further information, please contact Hedwig Schwall at firstname.lastname@example.org.